Initial situation for the construction of a new health station in Gope, Solu Khumbu district.
The Corona pandemic in Nepal has shown that minimal basic medical care is still not a matter of course in Nepal. This is especially true for the mountain population in the Himalayas.
The health centres in Betang and Bhorle which were established with your help, were expanded with little effort during the Corona pandemic to include small, effective Corona aid stations. Even lives from more distant villages could thus be saved and infections could be reduced through education.
Now we are pleased to present a new clinic construction project intended to further improve medical care.
Why Gope in Solu Khumbu District?
The good reputation of the already existing health stations in Betang and Bhorle has led to repeated requests to Ram Kumar Tamang of NHEFoN to build another health station.
We chose Gope in Solu Khumbu for the following reasons:
- The absolute undersupply of health services to the approximately 6,000 people living in Gope’s catchment area.
- The commitment of the local population.
- The active cooperation with the local groups and the administration.
- The speedy provision of a suitable plot of land.
- Ram Kumar’s Tamang’s extensive knowledge of the local situation; he grew up near Gope.